We held our July meeting on July 13. We had a very low attendance but we did have a new member (Brian). He recently moved to the Columbia area and has used Linux for several years.
Our main topic of discussion was possible educational sessions for future months. Victor presented a list (see below) of potential subject he could present, although he would rather not be the only presenter for the club. Those present agreed that the subject were a good track for introducing Linux and helping others with basic tasks and concepts. Mike and Brian offered to tackle some of the items on the list.
Robert reminded us that Amy Daniels from Airport High School has offered to talk about OpenOffice at one of our meetings. Robert will try to define when Amy can give her presentation.
The training schedule that Victor proposed is:
ColaLUG 2006-2007 Training Program
- August: Introduction to Linux
- September: Mini Install Fest
- Full Install Fest two weeks later
- October: The Linux Filesystems
- November: Compression, System Backup, and Software Installation
- December: Filesystem Management
- January: Network Configuration
- February: Filesystem Administration
- March: BASH
- April: Managing Linux Processes
- May: Advanced Installations
- June: Common Admin Tasks
- July: Troubleshooting and Performance
Other possible subjects:
- Configuring Network Services and Security
- System Initialization and X Windows